[My main Tumblr can be found over at myasphyxiatedmind]
If you want your ask replied to privately, just put '****' before you start typing.
My name is: Michelle, but most people call me Dark online.
My gender-pronouns are: They/them/their.
I am: 27 years old, a feminist, an atheist, an omnivore, and an ISFJ.
The Feminist: Intersectional, body positive, pro-choice, and sex positive.
My privileged identities include: Female assigned at birth (FAAB trans* privilege), white, able-bodied, allistic (?), dyadic, monogamous.
My non-privileged/oppressed identities include: Gender-fluid, fat, gray-a, neuroatypical, and gay.
I have: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Dermatophagia, and Dermatillomania.
I like: Pets & animals, animal welfare, pet care & pet care education, ~*SCIENCE!*~, anatomy & physiology, roleplaying, anime/manga, computer & video games, rock & metal music.
- Specific reasons why Autism Speaks is a terrible organization for Autistic people (HIGHLY recommended reading, not joking)
- Autism Acceptance Month - Run by and for Autistic people, with resources for non-Autistic people
- Tone It Down Taupe
Feel free to reblog and add more links that contribute to Autism Acceptance!
It smacks of healthist elitism and doesn’t take into account the many other more compelling reasons poorer people are fatter. The fat wage gap, for instance, or stress from being fucking oppressed and poor.
Can we stop trying to find ‘lifestyle’ reasons for fatness in progressive FA circles? The ‘food desert’ argument for fatness, usually coupled with the ‘no time/money for the gym’ argument still put the onus of fatness on people’s personal choices and overall lifestyle, it’s just apologizing for those choices. It’s still worshipping at the Eat Less (Better) Move More! altar.
I’m also really fucking tired of rich elitists forming ‘theories’ of why poor communities are such-and-such. It’s so condescending. That’s a general point, not really a specific point related to fat oppression or thin privilege.
Hey, guess what else? The idea that poor people are fatter is itself a myth.
THANK YOU! Fucking awesome. I haven’t seen this. Folks, take note.
Okay Tumblr, here is the deal, I need your help. All of your help.
My mom works for Chrysalis, a nonprofit domestic violence shelter in Phoenix, Arizona. I cannot praise Chrysalis enough, honestly.
It’s the only domestic violence shelter in the valley that caters to all victims - women and men. Gay, lesbian, transgender, straight, pregnant, teenagers, men and women, they offer help and protection to anyone who is a victim of domestic violence. Not many other shelters can say that.
The thing is in order to run a great organization like this, they need funds. Currently Chase is offering up to $2 million in grants to organizations such as Chrysalis.
Here is where you come in. All you need to do is CLICK THIS LINK AND VOTE FOR CHRYSALIS. You don’t need to give any of your personal information or give any of your own money. You just need to vote for them.
Currently, Chrysalis is seriously trailing in the voting. I’ve seen bloggers on Tumblrs raise thousands of dollars in hours so I know something as easy as submitting a vote is something you guys can do.
Please, please, please, CLICK THIS LINK AND VOTE FOR CHRYSALIS.
If nothing else, please reblog this and get the word out guys. Any help is huge help.
Signal boosting. This is important.
Because these options exist, and because your sexual and reproductive life is your business and yours alone, you can pay for your own birth control, with your own money.
- Sprintec is avaliable from Walmart pharmacies, without a prescription. This cost is $9 for 30 days, or a 90 day supply for $24. Tri-Sprintec is avaliable in a 30 day supply for $9, as well. Sprintec is the generic version of Ortho-Cyclen, and Tri-Sprintec is the generic verison of Ortho-Tricyclen.These prescriptions are the EXACT SAME THING as the name brand, but cost less because generic companies don’t have to worry about advertising costs.
These same offers are avaliable fromKroger, Target, and Sam’s Club. If you’re having trouble locating these prescriptions on their lists, you can click “Ctrl-F” and type in Sprintec and they’ll show up for you.
- If you are interested in getting an IUD, but can’t afford the cost up front, Mirena offers monthly payment plans.
- There’s a website dedicated specifically to helping women find coupon options available for birth control.
- Northwest Pharmacy offers cheap birth control options that can be purchased online. There’s also some more birth control options on the site here.
- 144 Durex condoms can be purchased from Walmart for only $25.88. This means that each condom costs approximately 18 cents each.
- There are websites that offer free condoms. Places like Planned Parenthood offer free condoms, too, if you really can’t afford them.
Many Planned Parenthood locations also offer their services on a sliding scale, so you may be able to get longer-lasting birth control at a lower cost. There are even stories of Planned Parenthood giving away birth control for free, so always ask.
A few abortion funds can also help with the cost.
a-war-you-cannot-win linked to one website with free condoms, and Googling “free condoms” comes up with many more!
Always look into generics!
Here’s a coupon for $10 off Plan B, good at any commercial pharmacy!
I find it hard to believe that you can get Sprintec without a prescription, especially because that first link is a list of prescription drugs covered by Walmart’s plan. Oh, and because I take it and know you need a prescription for it.
Other than that, great list of resources!
[trigger warning for domestic abuse]
celebs that have been charged/accused of domestic violence:
- Chris Brown
- Sean Penn
- Gary Oldman
- Michael Fassbender
- Sean Bean
- Charlie Sheen
- Nick Cage
- Sean Connery
- Mel Gibson
- Alec Baldwin
- Mickey Rourke
- Mathew Fox
- the list goes on
celebs that are always associated with domestic violence, have the most vocal hatedom out of the group:
- Chris Brown
celebs on this list that are not white:
- Chris Brown